Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Instinctual needs for Love & Freedom



No longer bound by shame & insecurity...I know freedom...one of my favorite prophetic voices was Martin Luther of the Reformation...in speaking about the way it is to live the freedom given through faith, he addressed the question of what it might look like...two of his quotes that resonate with both the wild in me that draws me to be independent & the draw in me to be loved in family & community...


In addressing "Christian Freedom" he states..."I am the perfect Lord of all subject to none, I am the perfectly dutiful servant of all subject to all." In addressing the fear propagated by church doctrines that use fear to motivate, Luther reminds us of Divine unconditional acceptance - LOVE...and encourages us not in doing harm but in not fearing to Love fully stating, "Sin Boldly!"


Christian Faith is NOT about keeping your ass out of hell, getting a free ride to be destructive nor is it about "don't worry be happy" - Life is hard... Love is beautiful...shit happens... healing is possible... Shame & Blame have failed...Look within to awaken to what is around you...


No comments: